Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hello Mr. Half Ironman!




MATT'S A HALF IRONMAN!!!!!


This past weekend was Matt's big race, the Bufalo Springs 70.3 triathlon. I was unable to go so I don't have any pictures to show of him, but this nice lady did and really got some great shots of him on the bike:http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_event.asp?EVENTID=47923&BIB=417
You can read all about it here: http://www.buffalospringslaketriathlon.com/
He went with a couple of the other triathletes from here in Tyler early early Saturday morning and came back late Sunday night. He said that the weather actually turned out alright for them, mid 70's with some rain on the bike. I was really worried about this part since we were having 100+ days the week before and this race is notorious for being extremely hot! I am so proud of him for accomplishing this, a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, then a 13.1 mile run!


Congratulations Matt!!!

I used my time to get registered for the baby with my expert, Sarah. She had so much good advice I can't thank her enough for all of her help this weekend. Of course, that means we also got to spend so much time with Camryn & Tyson (who was a great dog sitter :), thanks Tyson!). Camryn is getting so big! She is constantly wiggling her arms & legs and really starting to talk alot. They got her a high chair which I loved- she sat at the table with us and had so much to add to the conversation around the dinner table, oh wait, it was about her already! :) She is such a sweet girl!




ps- 31 weeks today!!


1 comment:

  1. Way to go Matt - just think, you could have been shopping with us! Great weekend all around.

    ReplyDelete