Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Dance Family

Still trying to pay catch up a little bit here, so bear with me.  Alright?  OK, moving on.

At the end of last month (April 28th) Emery participated in her (and my) first dance recital!  I am totally new to this whole world of dance, but Emery has totally embraced it and fallen in love with it.  I really wasn't sure how it would go with her since it is so structured and she's, well, impulsive, but I'm super proud of how much she has learned and how she seems to genuinely enjoy it.  She loves to come home and teach all of us what she learned in class that day and that little girl can arabesque (totally had to spell check that word) her little heart out!

So, anyway, a few weeks before she got all dolled up on a Saturday afternoon to take pictures with the other girls in her class and individually.  We joined the mob of dance moms at the studio and survived pictures and celebrated with some Orange Leaf (we ALL deserved it!).


 Her recital was still a couple weeks away when she took the pictures and she asked me EVERY DAY if it was finally recital day.  She's so funny she would say "Mama, is today recital day?" and I'd tell her no and she'd say "So, it's after this day?" and we repeated this question and answer session every day until it was finally recital day for real!

Her class performed on Sunday afternoon (show 3 out of 4), which was all the preschool classes.  The studio did a great job putting on the show.  Each dance was a couple of minutes long- they would line up on the stage, perform, then exit the stage.  Quick, quick, quick which is perfect for a bunch of 2-4 year olds and their siblings. 



 Emery was the 3rd dance and so she got to stay and cheer for the other classes (which is what she wanted to do) and she sat through all the performances really well.  After her performance we all went to get her from backstage and gave her our flowers (from us and Beckett).



(I had to include this one again- it cracks me up!  No one was having picture taking as you can see.  The flowers had turned into swords and Beckett was dressed like a Hawaiian.  Love my people!)


I got a couple of better ones outside after the show was over.  I really am such a proud dance mom!  She did a good job performing.

We took her to Main Event for pizza and games to celebrate.  We've never been there before but it was SO fun!  I don't think you are ever too old to enjoy arcade games and pizza.

We are also now officially a Dance Family!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I guess this means I'm a Dance Gigi! I will HAVE to come for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we will have the DVD soon, Gigi. Maybe we can have a viewing party! :)

    ReplyDelete