Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Day at the Fire Station

Here we go again!

Please excuse the small hiatus that has occurred the past couple of weeks.  We've been sick around here and then we had to call in the reinforcements because Mama was on the brink!  Thank goodness we have a fabulous Gigi who was out the door and on her way to Houston before I could even get my whole plea out of my mouth!  She stayed with us for 3 days and we wore her out!  Swimming lessons, shopping, swimming, eating, playing.  We had so much fun and I'm so happy she came.

That's it for my excuses.  :)

Recently one of the fire stations in our area had an Open House for everyone to come tour the fire station, play firefighter games, and eat!  I knew Beckett would love seeing the firefighters and the fire trucks (he is everything transportation right now!), and I knew we had to go.

After church we stopped for some lunch and then headed off to the Willow Fork Fire Station and it was SO fun!!!  I think Matt and I had as much fun as Beckett did looking at all the trucks- fun for (almost) all!



The firefighters were amazing and so hospitable.  I was really impressed and appreciative that they took the time to open up their station to the community.  They were all on hand and willing to answer questions, give tours, play with kids.  I'm sure this wasn't their idea of a good time or what they wanted to do with their free time, but you would've never known if it wasn't!

Beckett climbed on the truck for FOREVER and had a blast.  Matt asked a bazillion questions, and they answered every one (I only know this because the same man answered a bazillion and one of mine later on!).


They even gave Beckett a (sticker) badge and a fireman's hat- heaven!!!


Then we headed outside to see the ladder truck!  It was super hot, but still, we played 20 questions with the firefighters (see who really had the most fun at this event?) and watched the firefighter games going on outside.


It was a fabulous way to spend a couple hours on a hot Sunday afternoon!  Both kids were asleep 2 minutes into the ride home!

Oh, and are you wondering about my other child?  She is afraid of the trucks- the loud noises their sirens make- so she spent the whole time pouting and wanting to leave.

Sorry, Emery, welcome to being a brother's sister!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Beckett looks so happy and that makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete