Sunday, March 3, 2013

A Saturday Adventure

Katy is full of sidewalks, trails, lakes, and playgrounds and it's fabulous!  Last Saturday we decided to take advantage of all of the above and go on a little adventure.  Emery rode her bike, Beckett rode in his car, and Peppa walked.  We ended up being out quite a while and both the kids hung in really well. 

 We showed Matt how we walk to school and to dance- because that was a big mystery to him, ya know.  Really, though, I was super proud of her for stopping at all the driveways, pointing out her dance studio, showing Daddy how we function around here on foot!

 I saw a little skunk early one morning and Emery has asked me several times to show her where it was so I did.  We did not see him this time, but I guess you never know.  And, yes, Emery currently has a skunk obsession (don't even ask I'm not sure of the origin of it but I'm pretty sure it has to do with Matt).

At one point we came to a new playground so we stopped to play.  This one was great for little kids- Beckett had a great time and I didn't ever feel like he was going to fall or get hurt.



Beckett held tightly to his train the whole time and thought it was SO COOL that it could ride the rails of the playground.  He is crazy about his trains lately.  Every morning the first thing he says to me is either "milk!" or "train".  He is a funny little man. 


We all came home and had hot chocolate and tried to warm up- it was cold and windy (bleh, like it's winter or something!).  It was a fun way to spend a Saturday morning- hopefully we can do this more.  Like, in the spring.  When it's warm...

1 comment:

  1. What great memories you are making. Loved the pictures. I check "The Madisons" on Google Reader first thing everyday!

    ReplyDelete