Sunday, March 3, 2013

Keep them Happy!

That's the name of the game really.  Keep 'em happy- and even better if you can stay ahead of that game!  I've looked to Pinterest for some ideas to keep my babies occupied at home- for rainy days, or dinner time, or that 15 minutes you have before you leave because you are actually early for something (oh, wait, not that last one- that isn't a concern because we are NEVER early!).  Here's a few ways we've been staying busy around here:

Marshmallows (or "me-mows" as Beckett calls them).  Emery and I were picking out some groceries the other day and I looked at Becket and he had decided to help himself to a bag of marshmallows.  He had opened the bad and was shoving them in his mouth like a crazy person.  Awesome (but hey, he was happy!)


Activity boxes.  Emery gets SO excited at the idea of this.  I found some reusable ice cubes at Target the other day and they quickly became jewels.  They both stack and sort and count the "jewels" over and over.  I ended up getting several of these plastic boxes and put a couple different activities in them- lace cards, Barbies (and all their shoes!), and some sorting activities.  They LOVE to go pick an activity box!


Food (again).  This was the day Emery wanted to make cake, so we made cake!  It was quick and easy so she could do alot of it herself.  By the time naps were over it was cooled and ready to be iced (and taste tested, duh!).


Bikes.  This was at Goodwill one day.  They had several cute little tricycles and a large amount of open floor space, so, we rode bikes!  I'm sure everyone in the store hated us, but you know what- they were happy! :)


I'm always looking for new ways to keep everyone happy around here.  Got any ideas for me???

1 comment: