Monday, March 11, 2013

Let's Rodeo!

If you didn't know it's RODEO SEASON!!!  This weekend we decided to hit up the Houston Rodeo with a couple of my college friends.  But before all the fun started we, of course, made sure we had the appropriate gear:

(I mean, come on, how adorable are these things???)

Saturday morning Robbie flew in from Dallas to come see Carisa, me, and all our peoples.  It was so incredibly fun and I am so incredibly happy Robbie flew all the way in just to spend a few hours with us.  This also meant Mama got a few minutes in the car alone with my coffee (and music that did not involve singing vegetables).  This made me happy (and I decided to capture the moment, you welcome)!

 
We got there a little before everyone else so naturally we 1- ate food, 2- took pictures of ourselves, and 3- shopped!  I didn't really know this, but there is actually some really good shopping at the rodeo.  Maybe its the East Texas in me, but I can't get enough bling and it was everywhere-  bling belts, bling shirts, bling purses- it was blingtacular!

(aw, I've missed this girl!!!)

So, all my people showed up around 10 and Emery immediately wanted to start in on the rides so we bought our tickets (that come in card form now- how fancy!) and she pretty much had free reign over us.  Beckett was content to sit in the stroller so Emery rode the rides.


Carisa and her family showed up a little while later (Emery's reign was unfortunately short lived) and our first activity was the pony rides!  This is so funny to me because a year ago Emery was terrified of the animals.  She would talk and talk about horses and camels and want to see them all, but when it came time to ride them she was NOT having it!  But, she couldn't WAIT to get on a pony this year so her, Keaton, and Beckett all rode the ponies and I about died from all the preciousness. 




After the pony rides we headed to the petting zoo.  Emery wasn't having much of it, but everyone else was.  They had deer, kangaroos, a donkey, goats, baby goats, sheep, lamas, all sorts of fun animals!




Next stop: Fun on the Farm!  We took Emery and Keaton on this a couple years ago and it was fun to do it with them again.  They were SO tiny back then, it's hard to believe.  They have set up an interactive farm for the kids to walk through and plant vegetable, milk cows, ride tractors, and collect different items.  At the end of the farm they sell their basket of goods for money and get a treat.  It really is neat to see all the different animals and goods that come from the farm!






We took a little lunch break and then decided to hit up more rides and games and of course take more pictures of ourselves! 


 They survived the "roller coaster" and celebrated with an embrace (prom 2028 anyone?). :)  It makes me so happy to see our babies getting along together and having fun together.  They spent alot of the day holding hands and I'm pretty sure there's nothing sweeter than that.  Childhood friends- even better that he's the baby of this girl!

 We had SO much fun together, but best of all I got to spend time with these girls.  It was a crazy few hours, but totally worth it.  We didn't get to have alot of down time, but there's definitely a girls weekend in our future.  I love you ladies, thank you SO SO much for a spectacular weekend!

1 comment:

  1. This looks like so much fun!! I'm totally crashing this party next year! :) And those pictures of Beckett on the pony - I mean, come on!

    ReplyDelete