Thursday, February 21, 2013

Let them eat cake!

Wednesday was pretty cloudy, rainy, and cold around here so Emery and I decided to do what any person with good sense would do- make a birthday cake!  No one in our house has a birthday today, I mean I guess it could be late birthday cake for Camryn Joy.  Let's be honest though- I don't need a reason to make cake.  I'm pretty much always game.

We carefully selected our cake and frosting from the store this morning and baked them while Beckett was napping.  I had SO much fun baking with her.  We've been fighting alot lately so it was really nice to have some fun one on one time with her.  She loves to help in the kitchen so this seemed like the perfect opportunity.  She mixed up all the ingredients (this is a very old super secret recipe so pay close attention):

1-Cake Mix
 2- Water
 3- Applesauce (subbed for oil and taste tested... approved!)
 4- Eggs (that Mama may have done for her)
Then stir, stir, stir!!!

5- Put the cake pans in the oven and go read about your favorite people- a dragon, a truck, and a duck.

6- Remove from oven and take a nap while they cool (can I get an amen???).

7- Carefully select which color you'd like the frosting to be.  Emery was so funny about this.  She kept looking at the box of cake mix and choosing from there.  I tried to explain that we had food coloring and could pretty much make any color, but she choose purple because the purple cupcake on the box looked pretty.

8- Frost, blow out the candles (we went all out for no one!) and enjoy!


 (Really, she liked it.  She just really enjoys a good funny face instead of a smile when I start taking pictures of her.  Maybe it's a passive aggressive method to get me to stop, I don't know!)
 It ended up being a really fun thing to do together on a rainy day- good idea Ree Ree!

1 comment:

  1. Just fun all around, and I love that y'all even put candles on the cake!

    ReplyDelete