Friday, February 15, 2013

Love is in the Air

Another Valentine's Day is in the books and it was a fantastic one!  This is the 8th Valentine's Day that Matt & I have celebrated together (aawww) and some things have changed but some things are still the same.

Emery & Beckett woke up to another surprise in their mailbox- candy, a necklace, and dinosaurs!  This has seriously been such a good motivator for Emery in the morning.  I've been struggling with getting her downstairs in a timely fashion and this has really helped.  She's so excited to come see what Gigi's brought for her.


 Since our 1st Valentine's together Matt has always given me a stuffed animal from Hallmark and the tradition continues with the kiddos.  Emery and I have been trying to guess what the animal is going to be this year and she was super excited to come downstairs and find out- puppies for them and a rabbit for me!

 A quick photo op before we headed to school! (I love Beckett's shirt- it says All You Need is Love)

After we dropped Emery off at school my friend Cheryl and I headed over to the Y.  We usually go to the gym together and then go our separate ways but today we were feeling adventurous!  We checked the class schedule and saw that Body Attack was starting at 9:30 so we decided to give that a shot (I haven't done a class in years, much less one called Body Attack- good grief!).  I had plans to attack some pizza for dinner so why not attack my body in the morning.  It was pretty much 60 minutes of jumping and running and push ups and my body is feeling attacked today!

After a quick shower and some lunch at home it was time to go back to school for Emery's Valentine's party (Why do the hours of 9-2 pass so quickly on school days???).  The homeroom Mom for her class is pretty much amazing.  She's super talented and works really hard to make parties fun for them.

 Cute food!



 Fun games!

Thanks Heather! (This was a game to see who could make the tallest tower out of candy hearts)

We walked home with our friends and all the 3 year olds got in a fist fight over who got to push the button to cross the street.  It was awesome.  And by awesome I mean hilariously embarrassing.  Moving on.

Matt came home and had more treats for his special ladies- flowers and our oh so romantic dinner- pizza rolls!

 We had a couple more gifts for the kids that we opened up after dinner.  Emery got a dress and Beckett got a Thomas set.  This was so fun for me to go to Target by myself and pick something special for each of them.  Nothing makes Mama's heart happier than to see them happy and laughing and playing.  




I hope you had a great Valentine's Day as well!

Today is my sweet neice, Camryn Joy's, 4th birthday.  I adore this little lady and I hope her 5th year is absolutely wonderful for her.  Happy Birthday Camryn Joy- Sassy adores you and hopes your day is fantastic!!!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun day. Also please don't do classes that have the word attack in them!

    ReplyDelete