Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Party Post (you'll see what I did there)

Oh my I just don't even have words!

This weekend we loaded everyone in the car and headed to Tyler to celebrate Camryn Joy's 4th birthday!  I am exhausted from all the fun and I think my children are too.  It's a good problem really.  Especially on a rainy Monday (which we used to recover!).

Friday morning (as you know) is dance for Emery.  Everything was fine and dandy and normal until it was over.  Emery decided she was ready to leave NOW.  My mental plan was to eat lunch at home and then get on the road, but of course the 3 year old had something else in mind. (wanna guess who won that one?)

We left around 11 and dropped Peppa off at her hotel and got on our merry way.  Everyone napped (well not everyone.  Don't worry-  I drove, babies napped) until we stopped in Huntsville for a little lunch and play time.  I found a Sonic that had a wonderful playground, so that way we could eat outside and stretch our legs for a little bit.  These people were amazing!!!  Super sweet and friendly staff and the playground and all the outside tables were clean- East Texans really know how to do it!

 Eating some cheese on Dino.

After we ate it was time to get back on the road!  Emery watched Tangled and Beckett slept in between talking to his cars.  My kiddos did an AWESOME job traveling this time.  I was a little nervous about driving them solo but they did a really good job.  As soon as we walked in Gigi's house Emery and Beckett had to say hi to Nay Nay and Emery had to show off her recital costume she got that morning at class.

Isn't she just a picture of elegance and grace??? :)  Ha, I love my crazy lady.

We spent the rest of Friday destroying Gigi and OK's house and asking about Camryn Joy and when she would be making her grand appearance.  Finally the most anticipated moment arrived Saturday morning and they were reunited at last!  These 2 girls are SUCH good friends.  They are so, so different but it really seems to work for them, it's hard to describe but they ALWAYS want to be together.  Gigi and OK's house isn't right if Camryn Joy isn't there.  Its fabulous she has such a good cousin sister friend.
 
These 2 are going to be good buddies too, they just don't know it yet.  This was the best picture I got of just the 2 of them.  Busy little boys they are!

So, while the little ones played the mamas got to work on decorating for the party!  Camryn was very specific that she wanted a "pink and purple polka dot party".  She had also given Sarah very specific instructions that she wanted to paint a picture- such a good party planner she is already.  So, if Camryn wants to paint- we paint!  Sarah let  me help decorate and set up for all the fun and after some rest in Gigi's bed it was party time!



Sarah- can I please, please, please have Wild Man???


 I love a good theme for a party and dressing for the occasion.  A pink and purple party?  Yes, please!  Dressing like my dad (a first I'm pretty sure), double yes please!

How is this sweet girl 4???




 The painting really was fun (good idea Camryn!).  Everyone got on board and now Camryn has this awesome piece of artwork for her house.  I love it!  We all got to add our own special touch to it.  It's alot like life, really.  We all love her dearly and in a way we've all come together with our own unique perspectives to make something beautiful!

 
 Camryn Joy ate the icing out of the middle of her cake- only this girl!

After all the painting and pork and potatoes it was time for presents and running around like crazy people (I'm not sure what the kids did with the rest of their evening, :))






 It was a fabulous party and I am so so happy to celebrate that sweet girl- enjoy your party at school today lady, you deserve it!!!  Sassy loves you!!!

2 comments:

  1. such a good post! We love you, too, Sassy! You got some good pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good weekend and thanks for all the pictures! I love you too Sassy!

    ReplyDelete