Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Who are these children???

I don't know what I did to deserve yesterday, but IT. WAS. AMAZING!  Didn't I just write from the trenches?  Funny how quickly things change isn't it.

So, obviously, it was Monday and around here Mondays are catch up days.  We don't have school or dance, but we do have a big pile of laundry and a messy house (and jammies that apparently haven't been worn enough over the weekend and are begging to be worn one more day!).  I also wanted to bring dinner to a friend and make some Valentine's crafts.  No pressure, just a few fun things we could do at home and it turned out to be rainy and cold so we (I) didn't really want to get out in it.

After breakfast we started on the Valentine's.  Emery was SO excited to do these and the stars aligned for me.  She made Valentine's, Beckett ate breakfast (his and Emery's), and I cooked.  Hello, can time just freeze?  Stop right there, done.  Emery's really enjoying doing crafts lately.  She tries really hard to follow directions and she's learned to write her name at school so any activity involving writing she's all about.

We pretty much spent the rest of the morning like this.  My babies played together SO WELL!  It was pretty chilly outside, but I was able to open the back door and let them come and go as they pleased.  Emery is a very creative little girl so she instructed everyone on a whole host of games: receive your invitation to the ball, serve breakfast, sell cookies, play violin just to name a few.  Sweet little Beckett is just as happy as can be to play along and be with big sister. (Again- I'm inside cooking kind of feeling like I'm in Bizzarroland, but not wanting to jinx this so I go with it)

We sat down to watch Curious George for a little while after lunch and little Beckett fell asleep on me, holding his baba.  (I about died right then, call it a day!)  This gave Emery and I some time to read and hang out together.  She might be my wild lady, but she loves a book.  She will sit still and listen to the whole story- even a long one, and I love to read with her.   We read 3 books and she laid down too. Aaahhhhh.  Did you hear that?  It was this Mama feeling like she could breathe again.

We spent the afternoon making the rounds to all our friends houses to play and then to deliver food which is always so fun for us.  We walk out our door and see our friends, how great is that?!?  Another Valentine's craft arrived from Gigi so we made our mailbox and practiced checking the mail (quite a bit really.  Apparently one needs the proper form before opening the mailbox).  Oh, and we ended the day with The Bachelor.  Doesn't get much better than that.  Well, I guess if we would've won a million dollars, or if Camryn Joy had actually been at our door when the doorbell rang (like Emery was hoping, but unfortunately was the mulch truck) it could've been a little better.  But I'll take it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had a good day! It all sounds great except for the Bachelor part - ha! What did you cook your friends?

    ReplyDelete