Friday, January 25, 2013

An easy fix up

I love how my kids rooms look, like I really love them!  I loved planning them and getting them all ready for the new baby to come (even though I'm pretty sure neither one of them even went into their rooms for about 3 months), and thinking about the little life that would occupy that space in my house.  Their rooms grow more and more precious to me as we make memories in them.

Ok, I digress.  So, their rooms are fabulous.  Beckett's is cowboy themed and my Mom and I had so much fun in Canton one warm August weekend getting his some fun things to fix his space up, and maybe a few things for big sister too.




It's been lived in since then (obviously, the boy is now 15 months old!) and that dresser has always driven me nuts!  I have a serious plain knobs, and I don't know why.  I guess it started with Hobby Lobby (what doesn't) when I discovered they have really cute mosaic knobs that are SO easy to switch out and they make a big difference.  Beckett and I were wondering through World Market the other day and what did we come across, knobs!!!  I was excited to see some that might look good in his room and he thought he found basket fuls of balls so it was a win, win!  I got several patterns that I felt like coordinated really well together, we came home and got to work, and here's the finished product.


Peppa worked really hard on this one too and she needed a nap!

I even managed to fix one of his drawers that I couldn't get to open and now it does, go me  (although it was my poor construction skills that were stopping it, oops!).  Easy, fun, productive- 3 things I love!

1 comment: