Wednesday, January 9, 2013

It's just a phase... and I LOVE it!

One of the biggest lessons I've learned since becoming a Mom is that everything is a PHASE!  Good phases, bad phases, really bad phases (haha!) they come and go without rhyme or reason or warning.  Right after we got home from our Christmas travels we seemed to be in one of those bad phases- Emery was constantly begging for new toys (seriously, was it not JUST Christmas???), Beckett needed SO much attention that he just didn't seem to be getting but then it just -CLICKED- .  

I don't know what changed or how it happened, but everyone seemed to be back in a good groove this weekend and I am so thankful we could really enjoy our time together.  Friday afternoon/ evening I was pretty pessimistic about the idea of having a good weekend, but we did and it has carried into this week, woo hoo!!!

Saturday morning we all ate breakfast together, which is always nice after a crazy week of eating at odd times and never all together.  After we ate we all loaded up & headed to the gym.  Apparently our gym had an open house event and so the place was PACKED!  Matt was hoping for some treadmill time, but every piece of cardio equipment was taken (crazy!).  BUT, it also meant they had kid's activities in the gym (the gym gym, sorry, I digress!).  There was bounce houses, face painting, art, hair painting, basketball, and music.  This was such a relief since it has been cold and rainy and cloudy for several days- we played, and played, and played.  And then we napped and napped and napped, yay!

Sunday was my turn to work childcare at church and I ended up in Emery's class.  She loves to stay with me in whichever class I am working in so I was glad she got to be with kids her own age.  We had 6 girls and 1 boy and they were precious!  We played with pla-doh, colored, talked about what Jesus did as a little kid like them (some super fabulous answers by the way) and on our way home, the sun came out!  It's been cold & rainy & blah for several days and the sun was so wonderful to see!  After naps we went on an adventure- Emery rode her bike and Beckett rode in the stroller.  We ended up at the park where they were having some kind of big dog meetup/ playdate and we all loved watching them play- Beckett gets so excited every time he sees a dog!

So, I have no pictures from our weekend of course.  Every picture worthy moment was so random & unplanned.  Like I said, I love me a good phase!

No comments:

Post a Comment