Friday, January 18, 2013

The sun!!!

Finally the sun came out yesterday and we were ALL so happy it was a little warmer in the afternoon and we could be outside.  I am a summer girl and I seriously dislike these winter months when it's cold and rainy and just blah (even in Houston it's too cold for me, I need a vacation home don't I?  Somewhere warm and sunny and beachy, aaahhhhhh.  OK, back to reality). 

After we dropped Emery off at school we headed to Sharpstown to take Peppa to the vet for a checkup.  Everything checked out ok- she weighs 50lbs (woah!) and seems to be healthy.  It's so hard to know what these poor dogs have been through, but this vet seems to think she's ok.  Beckett went with me and he was SO excited to be surrounded by all the cats and dogs, he's such a charmer!

 Sharing his snack with Peppa.  His favorite thing to do right now is hand you someting, you say "Thank You" and hand it back to him and he says "Thank You".  I guess its alot like fetch for a baby. 

It was a pretty tight squeeze for all of us in the exam room, so we got cozy. :)

(Mom- this ones for you) :)
 
When it was time to pick up Emery, she got to ride her bike home with her friend Philip.  She was SO excited and they had a really great time.  They've all gotten really good at riding their bikes and watching for cars- it's so fun to see these friends all grow up together.  We met Eli and Brandon at the park and spent an hour or so enjoying the nice weather, snacking, and running.  

Emery found this hill and had such a good time running up and down it.  It's Houston and when you find a hill you take advantage. :)  It was such a fun day we were all exhausted by the time Matt came home.  Emery went to bed at 7:30 and I was in bed by 9:30 (somewhere tropical in my head, too!).

1 comment:

  1. What a fun day. Remember riding your bike to kindergarten in Amarillo? Also I think that if I let my color grow off, my hair would look like Peppa's fur!

    ReplyDelete