Monday, January 14, 2013

Giving back

So, our weekend around here was fantastic!  Not overly exciting and not overly bad, just wonderful to be together as a family.  I've started training for the Cowtown (half) at the end of February so my Saturday morning was spent running!  It's been a long time since I've had a long run on Saturday to look forward to so I'm excited to train for this race and to have a goal in mind.  I got 7 done Saturday and I hope to do 9, then 11 then I guess another 11 then start scaling back.

 After I got home we all had our Saturday morning breakfast time again and then Matt took the kiddos to the big park and Mama got to cleaning!  We've had warm weather here for a couple of days so why not do some spring cleaning, right?!?  I tackled the upstairs first since it seemed to make sense to work from the top down.  All the bedrooms up there got a good scrub down- fans, windows, surfaces, even the stairs got it.  No one was safe from me! :)  (Since when has cleaning and running added up to a fantastic weekend, and when did it start feeling so rewarding??? gracious...)

The weekend kind of went on like this from here- playing, playing, playing, eating, sleeping, more playing and eating.  I LOVE weekends when everyone is home and we all just hang out and have fun together.  It's hard to get back into the routine on a Monday  morning, but here we go again!

I do have a goal for this week and it should be simple and maybe will help someone out!  Soma is taking donations of  bras to donate to women's shelters- just drop them by the store!  Also, Nike will do the same thing for used running shoes (except they don't donate your shoes to women's shelters- but they'll take your old running shoes).  Good things to keep in mind this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment