Friday, January 11, 2013

Back to School...

Yesterday was Emery's first day back in school after Christmas break (hallelujah!) and we were all ready for school to start up again.  E needed the extra stimulation and it just seems to help us get back into the swing of things after Christmas and New Year's.  It was a beautiful morning after a day full of rain and not just light rain- monsoon rain!  We walked to school and then Beckett & I headed to the gym for a little bit.  We came home and Beckett got a little rest and then we had lunch together.  He's so sweet and I absolutely love when I get to spend one on one time with my kiddos.  Don't get me wrong we all have fun when we are together but watching them and playing with them individually is a treat (and this dude loves the undivided attention- we were upstairs, downstairs, outside, everywhere and he stayed busy!). 

We finished up lunch and decided to load up a little early so we could stop by the park on our way to pick up Emery.  Beckett is loving the park at this age but I'm still so nervous about it.  He loves to jump on the bridge and go down the slide and he really is very cautious and won't usually try to step off the platforms but every now and then I have to run over & catch him!

I think he is mostly excited because he can do what all the big kids do now and he doesn't have to sit in the stroller while everyone else plays. 


He was NOT happy when it was time to go, but we found some goldfish and some water and he seemed happy enough to be back in the wagon.  We picked up sister & headed home so everyone could get some rest.  Later that afternoon Emery & I were watching Cinderella and a salesman came to the door.  Emery was terrified because she thought he was selling skunks (her latest irrational fear thanks to her Daddy!), poor thing, she was so scared and I just couldn't stop laughing.  At least Cinderella seemed to distract her and she was happy again. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting.... He IS a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is the cutest thing ever! I cannot even handle those big boy smiles! (guh, I need to see him again and squeeze him! or maybe I should take it easy and be cool about it so that I won't freak him out again like I did at Christmas...)

    ReplyDelete