Thursday, January 24, 2013

Midweek...

We haven't had much excitement around here lately- it's really been a pretty quiet, low key week.  Man, now that I think about it so was the weekend- riveting stuff, right?!  Although Peppa and I did go for a nice run Saturday morning.  The sun was coming up, it was kind of foggy and we ran the trails around our house.  I wish I had my camera with me to get a picture, but I don't think it would have done the sunrise on Saturday morning justice.  This dog has gotten some serious exercise and I think she's officially tired!  She's a big girl and we know she needs the exercise, but maybe she's earned a day off. :)

We spent the rest of the weekend hanging out together, going to church, and playing outside.  Emery and I went on a special girls trip to Target.  I love going places solo with that girl.  She sings (her latest music is the music from her Christmas program at school), she laughs (potty humor- already!), she wants the windows down and the music loud!  I enjoy getting to watch her be her.

Wednesday was a great day!  Emery used to have gymnastics class on Wednesdays but her new dance class is on Friday, so Wednesday has opened up as a free day.  We didn't have anywhere to go or any errands that needed to be run.  We just stayed home and enjoyed some down time.  I've noticed these types of days usually go one of two ways- really great or really bad.  Thankfully, today has been really great!

They spent a long time this morning coloring.  I am LOVING this- they are SO content with a crayon and some blank paper.  It's gotten us through alot of dinner fixing times.:)

 They also pretty much got out every toy we have in the house and even the outside ones.  It's ok though- they were having fun and playing well together (and that's all that matters in my book!)

2 comments:

  1. Aww... I'm glad you had a good Wednesday! I check to see if "The Madisons" has an updated post everyday. You're really a good writer Beth. Also I took C and E to Petland and Adventures in Learning today. Camryn couldn't get the plasma car to work and neither could I. Does E have the hang of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, hate to break it to ya but Beckett's even gotten the hang of it. ;)

      Delete