Saturday, January 12, 2013

Highs and Lows...

So, it's finally Friday- yay!  It's been a fun week, but we are ready for the weekend around here.  Today has been one of those days where we had some great times & some not so great times.  I'll just start from the beginning:

High:

I am a morning person and today was a good one.  The sun was out, it was cool outside, my coffee was warm inside, the heater kicked on for a minute.  Fabulous!  I love having my breakfast time in the morning.  Matt's gone to work, the kiddos are still asleep it's just me and it's quiet and I love it!

Low (but kind of a high at the same time):
We had dance again today (Friday will be our normal day to go) and so these are the girls she will be with all semester.  She was super excited to put on her dance clothes, breakfast went smoothly, we left the house on time without having to rush around- a good start!  She seemed to have a god time in class, but isn't crazy about her teacher (even though I've heard she's awesome!).  This girl isn't going to let Emery run around like a wild woman the whole class time so I think she probably needs a teacher like this who will make her listen & cooperate.  I, on the other hand, sat outside with all the other "dance moms" and, oh my word!  I am not dance mom material- it took me WAY outside my comfort zone too (which is also probably a good thing).  These ladies can bring the fancy and I do not.  I dress to chase children and scoop children up and run after them at a moments notice.  It's something I've always felt & been very conscious of, but I seriously need to get over.  We're all just mom's trying to make our kids happy.

High:
We went grocery shopping at Target and then we came home & had macaroni for lunch.  Enough said. :)
Oh, and this happened too.  Poor Beckett, he's been dressed as a princess, worn bows, loves a pink panda, and now... lip gloss.  Sorry dude, but this picture will resurface one day!

High:
It was Friday night pizza night and we all ended up invading a friends house and having pizza and wine with them while our children ran around like crazy.  We talked alot, laughed alot, and stayed up way to late.  Yay, for ending the day on a high!

2 comments:

  1. Lovin' your blog. Please don't tell me you're intimidated by dance moms cause I've always thought you were super fancy! Oh and I love Beckett and the lip gloss... he's wearing super hero shoes and he's holding a soccer ball so I guess a little lip gloss won't matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mom! We try to keep a good balance around here. :)

    ReplyDelete